Friday, April 8, 2011

Farmer's Market

Lately I have made a habit of going to the Farmer's Market on Brimhall on Saturdays. It's right down the road from the Fresh n' Easy I get groceries at. It is pretty small but they have exactly what I'm looking for. They always have fresh veggies which is what I went for in the first place but then.....I found the hummus guy. I happen to love hummus. I use it instead of mayo on my sandwiches, dip crackers, or veggies in it. When I saw the stand I knew I had to try it. I've been getting hummus, a veggie mix, dolmas and once in a while fresh pita bread there. This last week I got sundried tomato basil hummus, feta cheeese with sundried tomatoes and dolmas. I immediately went home sliced some of my freshly made bread and fell in love. It was a nice light lunch with so much flavor. Ben came home and loved it to. Go figure my meat and potatoes guy would dig the hummus and feta cheese! So needless to say the farmer's market is quickly becomming part of my routine. Soon they will have stone fruit and possibly homemade tortillas!

1 comment:

  1. That hummus sounds delicious! I might have to make a special trip to the market sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete