Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Funday

Today during the sermon in church Pastor John mentioned a big juicy steak. This got stuck in Ben's head and since we were headed to the grocery store after church anyway we decided to "feast." Every great once in a while Ben and I have what we call a feast. It doesn't necessarily mean there's tons of food it just means we're going to treat ourselves to some very tasty stuff. We got big beautiful Rib eye's from the butcher counter and purchased some potatoes and salad to go with. The steak turned out amazingly as usual. We didn't get much past them though. I ate about 1/4 of my potato and Ben didn't finish much more of his. The salad went untouched. After a nice Sunday afternoon nap we headed out for a drive around me and Peachy on the gator, Ben on the dirtbike. It didn't last too long with it being about 102 outside. Once inside again Ben played some video games while I worked on a couple things. We topped the night off by pazookie. Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough and great vanilla ice cream. I made it in a pie pan though and I think we made it through maybe half. Thus our day of feasting, fun, and of course football was done. I love these days but I'm glad they are far and few between. They wouldn't be as special and I would be quite a porker! Anyways, kudo's to Ben for a wonderful steak and to Denise for the milk glasses that hold the perfect amount of milk for these occasions!

Delicious Ribeye steak with mushroom and onion


The untouched salad


Ben's half eaten potato


Ben having a beef overdose


Short-lived second attempt to eat more potato


Ben on the dirt bike


Peachy getting ready for our ride


Time out in the shade from our ride


Chocolate chip pazookie

2 comments:

  1. Kelly and Ben.I enjoy reading your blog. I love all the gardening and cooking things. Have a Blessed day. Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know cookie dough in a pie tin had a name!! Haha! It IS good!

    ReplyDelete