Friday, December 17, 2010

Neglect

Yes, I have been neglecting my blog. This December crept up on me see fast and I got blindsided. I started wayyyyyy to late on all my Christmas crafts and had parties and weddings.....I got overwhelmed. So I'm catching up. Have no fear. I have been taking pictures of what I have been up to.

First another apron for another friend getting married....I know, the story of my life this year.




Christmas Tree!

We decided to try a new spot this year. Last year we had a smaller dining room table so putting it in the kitchen was easy. This year we have a much larger table that we thought would overwhelm our kitchen. So we decided to try to put our tree here. As you will see below, it was a bad call. It stuck halfway out into the living room!


So back to the old spot it was. The table is in the kitchen and all is well.


Ben was an extra good listener when I was naming off stocking stuffers. He got me some little bird ornaments which I am absolutely obsessed with. LOVE!


I tried doing a makeover on the plain ornament balls we had. I puff pained some and then spray painted them all.


I love the colors they are. They are white, dark red, and dark green, very vintagey. I'm not a fan of how they turned out though. I don't think I'll keep them. But I do want to try to find some in those colors. I'm glad I tried it though.


Bird on the tree!


Finished product! This little area of my house I like to call Cafe Christmas.


I always drool over all the Christmas decorations in the stores but this year I decided I didn't want to buy anything. I made a couple new Christmas decorations and I think I will keep this trend. It makes it more personal to me. I made some embroidery hoops just for the season.




And a wreath



That's all for now! Hopefully it won't be so long before my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment