Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day...It's one of those days where people with significant others go out of their way to make sure their "other" knows how much they love them. To some this might be stressful because of the pressure to make their love happy. I've always enjoyed this holiday as long as I have been with Ben. We keep it low-key and just make sure to enjoy each others company. Yesterday was my first day part time which gave me an excellent opportunity to whip up something wonderful for dinner. Not that yummy dinner requires lots of time, just what I had in mind did :) So our night was spent at home which suits us just fine. We have been accused of being home-bodies, well I emphatically say Yes We Are! And we love it. Here's what our night looked like.

I made scalloped potatoes from scratch.



Beef short ribs, simmered and broiled.



Espauragus sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper.



Ben's favorite, funfetti cake for dessert.




A table for two, yes I was feeling like being a little cheesy romantic with candles.



Flowers from my honey.



Funfetti cake and a couple episodes of Parks & Recreation. What a relaxing wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment