Friday, February 10, 2012

Hamburger and fries

One of my favorite comfort meals is a hamburger and fries. So when I came across a recipe in my "mad hungry: feeding men and boys" cookbook (thanks mom Fast!) For fries I was sold. I took some ground beef and made my own patties with herbs and fetta cheese mixed in. Oh and you can't forget the grilled onions. Then I made fries, oh so wonderful fries. You slice up some peeled russet potatoes, throw them on a cooking sheet, sprinkle liberally with italian herbs,salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and pile on some Romano or parmesean cheese, add a little butter and bake at 400 for about 50 minutes. Yes I know, they aren't exactly heart healthy but I have to just go all the way if I'm doing fries. In the word of Rachel Ray YUMO! Ben was a fan and I have to say this cookbook is great. Loved everything i've made so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment