Sunday, January 29, 2012

Clean!

I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only one that has places in our around their home that is either a place that easily collects clutter or gets dirty easily, and you quite frequently turn the blind eye. I consider myself to be a clean organization loving person but I to fall prey to ignoring certain messes. For me I have two places. The extra bedroom that is not utilized by Ben or I (we are very lucky to have 4 bedrooms for all our junk). The other place is our shed, which I love but the thing is also a thorn in my side.

The shed obviously gets dirty quite easily but also we have the tendency to put things away hastily. Thus we end up with a very dusty and fluttery shed that I deal with about once a year. Partially because its a bear to clean out and partially because if you clean it during summer you risk heat stroke. Well yesterday I did my Rocky dance and gave myself a pat on the back because that sucker is clean. There's so much more room in there! I even installed hooks and hung our bikes up which had previously been in the extra bedroom. Hopefully I can keep it somewhat organized now because, letsbe honest, dirt is just a fact of life out here.




9h the extra bedroom. I've been wanting to clean it out since......well since we moved in. And yes that will be three years ago this june. It became the room that we chuck anything that doesn't have a place/needs to go to goodwill. I've been seriously lacking in motivation and I got the kick in the pants I needed. Mom and Dad Fast were getting rid of a mattress and offered it to us. Free mattress, quite new, ummmm yes! This meant cleaning that room so we could put it in there. So my new car came in quite handy with the hauling power to take most of my goodwill bound stuff out and I removed the bikes to the shed. Viola! No the bed doesn't have sheets or really anything but that just details sheesh. The desk you se will also be going to goodwill. Its Bens Walmart special from college. The chair is going as well because it was my parents then mine and its in serious need of some reinforcing and reupholstering that I deemed not worth it to me. If anyone wants it they can have it! So I'm feeling quite good right now because to major problem areas are under control, if only momentarily.


1 comment:

  1. Consider me impressed. Maybe your purging will rub off on me :)

    ReplyDelete