Thursday, January 19, 2012

R.I.P. Tiller

We have had the worst kind of luck with dogs this year. We think Tiller got into some squirrel bait last Thursday but she seemed normal until yesterday when the you know what hit the fan. She ended up having to be put down because of internal bleeding. It was pretty much an awful day, I tell you what. We feel like horrible dog owners but the vet gave us some good advice and now that I can take a deep breath I know we do our best but things just happen with farm dogs. We will probably get a new puppy really soon. If you're a farmer you know how lonely it can get out working all day by yourself without a buddy and Ben just needs a buddy. I admit its also hard to be sad with a new puppy around. So we will miss our Tiller and so will Dezi.

2 comments: