Monday, September 6, 2010

Gifts for a cousin

A cousin of mine is having a baby any day now. Even though they live out of state she was thoughtful enough to invite me to the shower and so I seized the opportunity to try my hand at baby stuff. Up until this point my projects have been limited to aprons, curtains and of course some mending. This was the perfect opportunity to broaden my horizons. After consulting with some of my resident sewing veterans I decided to go with burp rags and onesies. Once again I procrastinated starting because it was new to me and I wasn't following any particular pattern. Now looking at my finished project I have decided this has to be one of my favorites. You are only limited by your scraps and imagination and it doesn't take a huge time investment.

My first attempt at embroidery. It leaves much to be desired but it's the thought that counts right?!


The whole set. Not quite matching but coordinating.


I did this whole flower with hand sticthing. I like the unpolished look of it. My embroidery much improved on this one after once again consulting my resident sewing veterans.


A little more hand stitching but much less which was nice.

2 comments: