Monday, September 6, 2010

Ideas

Usually I find myself a relatively creative person and I have not had much trouble envisioning purposes for spaces. I guess every person meets their match at some point. Mine is the side of our house. My original intent was to make raised planters for a garden there. It was brought to my attention this would not work out as I had dreamed because I had overlooked the fact this area is not exposed to the sun very long. Continuing grass back into this corner would just be a pain to mow and require a little editing of our sprinkler system. So right now it has a few bushes and has an extra piece of bender board residing there. I hate this little space because the bushes get out of control so fast and it just isn't very nice. I'm very happy with the rest of the yard but this has been the thorn in my side. So I come to you (anyone who reads this) for advice. Any and I mean ANY ideas are welcome. Any direction would be appreciated, I need inspiration!



2 comments:

  1. What about a shade garden?
    or some nice tall vines that you could trellis up in front of the bedroom and bathroom windows respectively?
    I don't know what vines might grow well in the shade, but with the height of the fence, that might provide some additional privacy as well as something pretty to look out at.

    ReplyDelete