Friday, September 24, 2010

Old Things New

I took that day off today and vetured into downtown to see what I could see. Some friends had recommended some antique stores downtown for me to check out. I have never really been interested in antiques but have I ever had a change of heart! I went to American Antiques and fell in love. It was huge and so full of wonderful things I couldn't begein to take it in. Now I have begun to understand why people love it so much. There are treasures around every corner. Some are pricey but some are just right. I could have spent the day in just one store looking at everything.

I have been looking for sugar and flour canisters for quite some time now. Nothing caught my eye anywhere I looked. Until today! Originally I thought it would be fun to have a mis-matched set and I had found a couple canisters I liked in the store. Then I stumbled across these and fell in love. I think I'm becoming a big fan of this yellow color.

>



One of my favorite blogs to keep up with is Young House Love. She has an obsession with white ceramic animals. Well today I became a bit of a copy cat but only a little bit. I saw these wood ducks and fell in love again. (that could be a bad habit for me)

They are a little dingy looking here
.

After a little white high gloss paint.


Voila!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, how cute!!!! I love the canisters....they are totally vintage! Also, you did such a great job with those ducks. Amazing what a little paint will do! So glad you had a successful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the canisters! I don't think you could have found a cuter set, and the ducks are adorable. You did well and now have a new store to shop too!

    ReplyDelete