Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Morning

My Saturday mornings are usually spent catching up on house chores like laundry, dusting and such things. Today I got a break from my routine with craft brunch. Well, actually, craft brunch was cancelled because all of the attendees besides the host and I had things come up. Not to be deterred my friend Lidy and I changed our plans a little. Her husband Joel was playing at the Village Grill from 10-12 and she was so kind as to invite me to hang out with her there. What a fantastic idea it was! We hung out, listened to great music, did a little crafting, drank to much coffee, and even made a quick trip to Beverly's. It was perfect weather and perfect company. I only regretted not taking pictures and that it had to end. The project of the month was embroidery hoop art. You can find all different ways to do this on Etsy.com. I chose to try my hand at felt flowers. I'm very happy with the fruits of my labor which are pictured below.

Three hoops hung on my bathroom wall, were just the finishing touches I wanted in there.


The vintage buttons I picked up at Beverly's really finished this set of classy white flowers off.


Yes I'm obsessed with this yellow/orange vintage color, it's bordering on taking over #1 Green!


These were tough to make stay in place but it was worth the effort!

1 comment: