Thursday, June 2, 2011

Funfetti Cake

For Ben's birthday I decided I wanted to try to make him homemade funfetti cake. He loves funfetti cake so homemade is even better right? Welllllll, not so much. I had fun doing it and it looked great but it was way to rich. The frosting recipe did have 3 sticks of butter in it and I think that was the cause. The first two bites were great, then after that it was just a stomach ache. I think next time I make funfetti I'll use the store bought cake mix (it's much lighter, this homemade version was very coarse) and try making a regular vanilla frosting. I'm a big fan of homemade frosting and the homemade funfetti chips look so pretty! So it's semi-homemade for me on this one, but it was definitely worth trying out.

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at this recipe because I love the rainbow chips but would rather have it with homemade frosting. I think I'll do funfetti cake for Jack's birthday and I might try a more regular frosting with the homemade rainbow chips. That much butter is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete