Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rearranging

I recently did some rearranging in our living area. I must say that it did come out of necessity not desire for change. My Grandma Sue had this great desk in the basement of her cabin up in Shaver. I asked her about it, to which she responded if you want it you can have it! I was super excited and had the perfect purpose for it, it would replace my cheapo sewing desk that was leftover from college. We get home and haul the beast all the way to the door of my sewing room and.....it's one inch too big to get through the door! The window is too small too! I was so frustrated the desk sat in our hall for a week becuase I didn't know what to do. Finally this last Saturday I jumped in to some shifting and I'm pretty happy with the results. The only downside is our big dinning table doesn't really fit well anywhere. We bought it for our someday home and not our current day and it's too big for our space. So as a result, it's a little cramped wherever we put it. It's new home in the kitchen isn't ideal but would be it's eventual spot becuase having kids someday eating over carpet is just risky.





No comments:

Post a Comment