Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us!

Two years ago I married the man of my dreams. Today I think I'm more in love with my amazing husband than ever. He's a good man I thank God for his providence in bringing us together. Ok, now that I'm done with the mush what did we do for our anniversary? Wellllll not much. May has been extremely busy and going to Morro Bay (what we really wanted to do) was pretty much not an option. Don't get me wrong, everything we have been up to has been fun and I've enjoyed every second, but you can only be gone so much. I had originally settled for going out for dinner. Hopefully getting a nice break from cooking and treating ourselves to a movie too. Well that couldn't quite happen today either. So what to do? I ended up cooking one of our favorite comfort food dishes and bought some apple cider. Watch out! We crazy!

Now on a tangent about what I made. Fancy Macaroni. Try it. It will change your life. Warning: you will never look at good old craft mac n' cheese the same. I for one will never go back. I just can't. It's that good. Who do I have to thank for this recipe? Pioneer Woman! Have I said how much I love this woman? It's just the epitomy of comfort food. I'm a firm believer in sitting around the table with home cooked food. Made from scratch, semi-homemade, doesn't matter. What matters is getting around the table, eating food made with love. Some of my favorite memories of my childhood come from sitting around the dinner table. It's worth the extra effort.


Green salad with feta, macaroni with 3 kinds of cheeses! Oh yes I love cheese.


Everytime I make this, I make it a little differently. This time I used heavy cream instead of half and half. I will forever use heavy cream, sooooo good. I added garlic with the onions. The cheese I used were guyere, jack, and parmesan. Guyere is quickly becoming a new favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Calories don't count on your anniversary, so live it up with the heavy cream :)

    ReplyDelete