Monday, May 23, 2011

Eco Market Tote

I have always wanted to make a purse. My wonderful husband went all by himself to Strawberry Patches (a local fabric store) and the ladies in there directed him towards a couple of purse patterns. One was the Eco Market Tote by "Favorite Things." My problem with new projects is I get intimidated. Once I dive in I am totally fine and usually end up making something I really like. I finally decided to give this pattern a try and make two for my sisters (they were both graduating this year). I headed down to Strawberry Patches and the wonderful ladies there gave me some direction on the supplies I would need and encouraged me to call if I got stuck. I just love that place! Anyway I spent an afternoon sewing and am quite happy with the results. My only regret is not buying fabric to make one for myself!




The fabric for this tote was basicgrey/origins by moda and Dots and Daises bybPiece o' Cake.



Fabrics for this tote were both Damask by Joel Dewberry.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I might need to borrow that pattern sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is one of the cutest purses I have ever seen and you did such a great job on it. I am very impressed!!! I do have a pretty great brother to actually go into a fabric store. You are a lucky girl! He is pretty lucky as well.

    ReplyDelete