Monday, May 16, 2011

Books, Blogs, & Libraries

These three items have to be some of the things I am enjoying most in my life right now. With my new found time because of the changes in my job I have been taking more time to do the things I enjoy. Go figure that you are happier when you take a little time for the things you love!

Books: Books and libraries kind of go together but I'll talk about libraries in a second. Becuase of the library I have been reading more. What have I been reading? Fiction, Non-fiction, Cook Books, Gardening, Chicken books, and Craft books. Anything and everything and I'm loving it. Two of my latest favorites are "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" by Ree Drummond and "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Quinn. Black Heels is the love story of "The Pioneer Woman" who also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers. It's hilarious, sweet, just all around good fun to read. Mad Hungry is a great book about feeding men and boys. Her perspective on cooking (why and how she does what she does) is just amazing. Not to mention the food is down right delish! This one is going on the Christmas list.

Blogs: I have always loved books but blogs are relatively new in my life. I started this blog as a sort of journal to keep track of the events in my life but also to share with friends and family. Now I have a nice little list I keep up with on my reader. They consist of about half friends and family and half blogs of people I do not know personally. "The Pioneer Woman" has to be one of my favorites right now. Even more so now that I have read her book. Her confessions page is hilarious, the cooking is phenomenal, and the pictures are inspiring. She's a jack of all trades and I have been shamelessly stealing her recipes! (and getting rave reviews from the husband might I add) Besdies her blog "Raindrops on Roses" has to be one of the best, primarily because my nephew is awesome just like his mom!

Libraries: Can I just be a nerd and say I love the library. I'll shout it from the roof that's how strongly I feel about it! It's like Christmas every time I go in. I find the books I want online and put them on hold. I get an email once they are in and then viola! I go pick them up. ALL FOR FREE. What more could you want?

All these things have been inspiring me to be more creative and to try new things in every aspect of my life. Sewing, cooking, gardening, keeping chickens. What fun things! I can't say I ever thought I would enjoy these things and I think God for putting people in my life that offer constant inspiration to try new things and go for the gusto!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you've been welcomed into the wide and wonderful world of blog reading! I could seriously waste my whole day away reading if I let myself :) Oh, and I forgot that you asked for those napkin measurements...I'll get them to you soon. I just keep forgetting about it.

    ReplyDelete