Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gardens and weddings

It's that time of year again. More weddings and a big garden! I've been making what has become my standard wedding presents for friends...aprons. I'm in a rut I know, but no one is complaining so I think I'll hang out in it for a while longer. As for the garden, it has been planted and set up on drip tape for a while, I just haven't posted about it. Even though I managed to almost demolish it single-handedly. I, being the wonderfully bright woman I am, decided to put a "burn" pile a little too close to my beloved monstrosity of a garden. And then to top it off, I decide that Hey, I'll be a good little wife and light er' up. All of the sudden it's a very big fire, like within one minute and it's in the middle of dry weeds. I start running for the hose in the backyard and Ben's like whhaaattt are you doing?! I yell back "It's a little out of control!" He proceeds back to the fire only to yell back "ummm hurry." Well it didn't burn down our house but it did manage to singe my tomato plants and well, kind of melt the last 5 feet of drip tape. Yup did I mention how wonderfully bright I am? Thankfully I have a great husband who repaired the drip tape and with a little love my tomato plants have made a comeback.





Very early stages, it's much more green now!









No comments:

Post a Comment