Thursday, June 30, 2011

Revamping

I have been doing some general house revamping lately. I've been wanting to do these things for a while but had lacked motivation. Well I had my own little epiphany the other day that slapped me upside the head and got me going. I was running and just dog tired so I stop at the house. Then I realized I had only run one mile and I was toast. Wait what? Since when do I quit that easily, and then I realized I'd been doing it all week. My normal average is 2 1/2 to 3 miles per run. How had I gotten here? Now that I think of it I've been really tired and lack luster lately in general. I would do what was necessary and sack out on the couch. I had been eating really badly, and all of the sudden it hit me that this had become a culmination of a couple months of slowly slacking. So I freaked out a little then pulled myself together and decided enough is enough. So the last three weeks I've been pushing and made it back to 3 miles. I've also been trying to eat vegetarian for most meals. No I'm not thinking of becoming an animal rights activist or even feel meat is bad for you. Eating vegetarian makes me be more mindful of what I eat and it also helps deplete our never ending supply of produce from the garden. And guess what? My motivation and energy is back. I know, genius right? Amazing how much more you get done. So here's a few things I have done so far, they're just little but they make a big difference to me.

New curtains for the bathroom.


They add a sunny disposition don't you think?


Golf ball basket, repainted and repurposed. Love using things for something other than their original purpose.


"The jar corner" my attempt at being artsy-artsy.


A little homemade decor for my sewing room.


More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment