Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Decor

I think I could speak for most women when I say they want their home to feel like theirs and put special touches on it. When we moved in we had our work cut out for us. Two people with a lot more stuff than they thought they had plus a house that had been unoccupied for a few months prior equals a lot of work. Moving our stuff in plus wedding presents then de-weeding and getting grass growing, putting up a shed and maintaining a huge garden, all of this while working was making life busy. Luckily I was only part time at the moment and was able to invest a lot of my efforts into making our house livable. Once we got to a point where it was maintenance work instead of an uphill battle it was nice to be able to relax. We have three bedrooms besides ours one which is Ben's "gun room" and the other two just have random things thrown in. Out of sight out of mind and that was good enough for me. I started working full time and then I found it hard to even get in the basic cleaning and laundry much less the little extra projects that are waiting around. I was glad I could just close the doors of the back rooms. Lately I have gotten the urge to make more progress on our house. There are parts of it that are already how we want it and then there are parts that irk me a little. So instead of diving in to something huge and being totally overwhelmed I decided to start small. A new shower curtain and towels for the back bathroom seemed to fit that criteria. We had been using older towels that had seen better days and the shower curtain wasn't my favorite. So I ventured to one of my favorite places, Target, and got the items I had been wanting. I must say it has helped me feel a bit better about our house. I have bigger and better things on the brain though and I will be sure to post them when they become reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment