Monday, August 24, 2009

3 Way Birthday

Every year my family has the big "3 way birthday" party. It celebrates my dad's and two uncles birthdays. We have done it ever since I can remember and though the location has changed over the years it is always a blast because EVERYONE comes. My mom's whole side shows up and it is a day of fun in the pool, hanging out, and grubbin down. I hadn't seen my immediate family much less my extended in over and month and it was so good to see everyone. It's just been so busy for everyone and it's been hard to get together. The guys have started an annual game of pool basketball. This is more or less a brawl that involves getting the ball in the hoop. They usually come out panting and groaning but love it all the same. For my Dad's birthday present I canned some homemade pickles. He opened it and then proceeded to try one right then and there, no pressure! He loved them which made me proud of my first attempt at canning anything. It was a great day even though it randomly decided to sprinkle and be cloudy all day which by the way has never happened in the history of the 3 way birthday. Hopefully it won't be so long until I get to see the fam again.

No comments:

Post a Comment