Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dinner

Yesterday I proceeded to look in our freezer to see what to pull out for dinner. What I saw when I opened it was not much. Hamburger patties and ground beef. Not many options so I decided to go with hamburgers. My next discovering was that we had no buns and if you've ever tried to eat a hamburger on a slice of bread you know that it really isn't the best. I thus set out to try to make buns. I used a french bread recipe and let my bread maker start it. The whole time I was crossing my fingers because I've been trying to get the right amount of fluffyness in my bread without the crumbly aspect. They turned out great! I made them nice and big because everyone hates it when the burger is bigger than the bun and everything is falling out. They looked big but they were fluffy and wonderful. To complete my summer meal I decided to attempt homemade potato salad. I almost ruined this not paying attention to my boiling potatoes which quickly boiled through all the water and almost burnt. Despite this almost disaster it turned out very delicious. I used red potatoes and I think it added something to the taste making it richer without more mayo. Ben compliments most of my meals I make but every once in a while I outdo myself and it was one of those nights. All in all a success and I just thought I would brag about it :)

1 comment:

  1. Kelly -- I am impressed! It all looks delicious!! And you made me think of a fond memory of my Grandma -- she used to always say about her own cooking, "This is pretty good if I do say so myself!"

    ReplyDelete