Friday, July 10, 2009

The Girls

I love my husband Ben very much and our life in the boondocks but it does lack in the people category sometimes. There is something about having a little bit of girl time that just brings joy to my heart. Ben and I always have fun and love being together but there are some things you need girls for....like watching the bachlorette, laying out by the pool, or watching cheesy chick flicks without the sarcastic commentary. Today I was able to visit some of my very best girl friends for the first time since graduation. It was a day filled with sun and sushi and just what my soul needed. I am amazed how much a few hours with these girls can leave me refreshed and happy. When it was time to go home I was ready to return to my husband with just as much excitement I had about seeing the girls. I thank God for the wonderful friends he has given to me and the amazing husband who has been my rock in getting accustomed to all the big changes in our lives. So I guess this is a shout out to my friends and husband but I don't want to forget the Fast's who have made me feel like a daughter and sister in their family. Praise God for the people he places in our lives!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some girlfriend time. That's so important and you've got a great group of friends to do it with!

    ReplyDelete