Friday, July 17, 2009

Saving Money

It seems like everyone is trying to save money these days. I have always tried to save money because yes I am a cheap dutch woman but it seems of even more importance now that I am married and times are tough. We are not struggling by any means but we do want to be good stewards of our money. I have been employing tactics such as bulk grocery shopping, making things homemade, and searching the internet for tips. I have also taken to looking at magazines online that I see in the store. I love magazines but you can find the articles you like on the internet for free. I have been trying to find hobbies that are cheap or free (hence the blog :) I have a sister-in-law who is great at penny pinching so she has been a very good source of information and ideas. I love websites or articles that give you good ideas for DIY or money saving ideas so if any of you have good ones send them my way.

2 comments:

  1. kelly, its not CHEAP, its FRUGAL! my tip o' the day, find a winco, that has been a great way to save money on groceries for our household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On that magazine idea...John & I take "dates" to Barnes & Noble where we spend a few hours reading books and magazines for free. Then we leave without buying anything. Cause sometimes it's nice to actually hold the magazine instead of reading it online :) Just another tip for you.

    ReplyDelete