Monday, July 6, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Mine grows like crazy. If you look at the sheer amount of plants it is obvious why I get so many veggies every day. Before I moved down to Bakersfield I had said I had always wanted a garden. My father-in-law planted a garden for me, using a six row puller! So my garden contains, 3 kinds of squash, 2 kinds of cucumbers, 2 kinds of tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, red chili's, corn, watermelon, cantelope, dill, and green beans. I am so thankful for all the harvest I have gotten. There is nothing better than fresh produce. But if I miss even one day of picking I have some giant vegetables on hand so it keeps me diligent. I try not to waste what I have been given but a person can only eat so many cucumbers. A lot of the vegetables I am able to freeze, which is turning into a sizable stockpile. The rest I do my best in giving away and try to avoid tossing as few as possible. If you're ever in my neck of the woods and you like veggies give me a call and I will surely pass on some free goods. You will be doing me a favor :)

More like a plantation!


Watermelons

A sinkful of Veggies a day is average

1 comment:

  1. I am oh-so-jealous of the massive area you have to plant! We live in a small home in a neighborhood, so all we had to plant in was our flower beds! We are doing our best to get stuff growing, but it is so scrunched in there my harvest hasn't been as plentiful as I'd wanted... I would LOVE anything extra you have!!! Any time you have anything you are wanting to get rid of, I would be in my car in a jiffy to come by and pick something up! :)

    By the way... I'm not some crazy stalker or anything... I went to Elementary school and Junior High with Denise, I am friends with Katie, and Jill Wiebe (Katie's sister-in-law) is my best friend. So I've heard many wonderful things about you and just had to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete