Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful for farming and music

I'm thankful for farming, yes because farmers grow food and I love food but also because my husband farms. I'm going to be honest, it was hard to adjust at first. Farming isn't just a job, it's a way of life. It's not 8-5 and never will be. Busy season is summer to fall. Not only did I have to get used to Ben working Saturdays but also to the fact that you really don't get away during summer. When it's go time, you go until its done. I've gotten used to what if means to be a farmers wife and I'm thankful for it. Ben LOVES farming and having a husband who is doing exactly what he was meant to do is worth more to me than a hundred summer vacations.



Music. I grew up in a family that loves music and always were involved with it. My mom tried to teach me piano and I was a bad student, how I regret that as an adult! I learned to sing in church reading hymnals. I played flute in band and am now involved in RBC choir. I'm not a talented singer by any means but it does make me happy to be involved in music and I hope to be able to keep it that way for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment