Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for....

Lots of things because I guess I kind of let life catch up with me and I've been slacking.

-Thankful for friends that will go see total teeny bopper movies like Twilight with me. I can't remember the last time I went on an outing with anyone besides Ben and it was fun!

-Thankful for Dad's that have shops and let me do whatever projects I dream up in them. Growing up my Dad always let me build things in his shop. Even when I got older and dreamed up bigger projects he never said no and always helped and encouraged my attempts at creativity. Now I don't get to do that so much with him but Dad Fast also has a shop. I'm pretty sure I've been working on a desk for about 2months (secondary to a busy schedule and well you know, out of sight out of mind) He's volunteered advice and hasn't given me a hard time about it taking up space. I'm so blessed to have two Dad's that help me with my projects, whether they're great ideas or not so great!

-Thankful for willing teachers in my life. I've learned a lot of thins in life but some of my most valuable and memorable lessons have been from family. Whether it was how to shoot a basketball, how to hang a cabinet on the wall properly, sewing basics or more recently, the proper technique for making zweibach, they all take the time to teach me things.

-Thankful for Ben calling the heater repair man so I no longer have to dress like an eskimo in my own home.

-Thankful for sunny days in November. We've had some fog recently and it's so wonderful when there's none and the sun comes out. I admit it, I'm a California whimp and don't like cold weather. I love that it can be sunny on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

-Thankful for Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. What about Christmas you ask? Well call me a scrooge but Thanksgiving is better in my opinion. Family and friends get together to share a big wonderful meal and we remember what we are thankful for. None of the fuss with presents and having to attend a million different parties. Just good food, family and friends, and meditating on how richly God has blessed us. I think it's appropriate and a bit ironic that the Christmas season is started off by Thanksgiving. We often get wrapped up in the gift giving and hustle and bustle and forget that we should be remembering how Christ came to earth to be born in a manger for us. Thanksgiving gives me much needed perspective before Christmas comes. Don't get me wrong Christmas is fun, I just always need that moment to take a breath and remember my blessings before December hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment